Include corn in your diet for weight loss and know benefits of eating it.
As much as corn or corn is delicious to eat, it also has health benefits. Its low calorie content makes weight loss journey easier. Corn (Makkai) has a lot of nutritional benefits and many people like to include it in their diet because of its food value. Corn benefits are considered to be one of the most essential crops in the world. In India also corn is used in many ways like here it is eaten as corn, it is eaten as corn bread and snacks like popcorn etc. are also made from it. The ferric acid found in corn also makes it beneficial for your health. Only then one of the benefits of corn is weight loss (corn for weight loss). But first let’s talk about the nutrients present in it.
Nutrition in Makkai
Corn has a high content of carbohydrates and fiber as well as vitamins and minerals. Not only this, it also has a very low fat content and low protein. Dietitian and docter states that one cup of corn contains about 175 calories, about 40 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat, 4.5 grams of fiber and 17% of daily requirement Vitamin C, 24% Thiamine, 20 Contains% Vitamin B9, 10% Magnesium, 9-10% Potassium. The carbohydrates in corn are similar to starch. Which can or may cause your blood sugar to high. But the fiber present in it controls blood sugar.
Why include corn in your diet – Corn health benefits:
- Corn or corn contains many essential nutrients that are good for your overall health.
- It will help you to keep your digestive system healthy.
- Corn gives you 15% fiber of which 9% is soluble. Lack of dietary fiber can lead to cancer, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity and hypertension and corn helps you to prevent these.
- Its glycemic index is quite high so people who have sugar or those who want to lose weight should consume it within the limits.
- Corn or corn is gluten free so patients with silic disease and gluten intolerant people can also consume it easily.
After knowing all these health benefits, you must have realized that corn is beneficial for your health. If you are consuming it in order to lose weight, then you must pay attention to the amount you eat. Because its GI level is high and some amino acids are missing in it. So if you want to make it a complete power pack food, add some nuts, dairy products and legumes along with corn or corn.