Ways & benefits of Bhramari pranayama that relieves the pain of migraine.
Bhramari Pranayama (Bee Breath) for Migraine: Migraine is an acute headache that is often accompanied by nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light. Migraines can last from 4 hours to 3 days, and are sometimes prolonged. According to the American Migraine Foundation, women are 3 times more likely than men. Most people feel migraine headaches at the age of 10 to 40 years. Let us tell you about ways & benefits of Bhramari pranayama that relieves the pain of migraine.
Experts believe that migraine headaches can be caused by a number of health conditions such as stress, fatigue, depression, irritability, weather changes, food, skipping meals and other conditions that promote migraine pain. It cannot be treated, but through yoga, its symptoms can be controlled, which causes migraine headaches.
Yoga gurus believe that Bhramari Pranayam can be a good way to calm the mind immediately. It is one of the best breathing exercises that brings anger, excitement, frustration or depression out of the mind.
What is Bhramari Pranayama?
Bhramari pranayama breathing technique is derived from the black Indian honey bee. This pranayama is considered effective in soothing the mind immediately. Bhramari Pranayama is an exercise that can play an essential role in dealing with anger, anxiety, stress and depression. You can do this method anywhere such as at home, office or elsewhere. This calms the mind.
In this pranayama, the sound arising from the exhalation process is like a buzzing bee, for that reason it is called Bhramari Pranayama.
Scientific facts behind Bhramari Pranayama.
According to the Art of Living, Bhramari Pranayama works on calming the nerves and in particular around the brain and forehead. Humming sound vibrations have a natural ‘calm’ effect in Bhramari Pranayama.
How to do Bhramari pranayama?
- First of all, while choosing a calm environment, sit in the Sukhasana posture and relax yourself.
- Now close both your eyes and feel the calm atmosphere while taking deep breaths.
- The index fingers keep the index fingers on the ear (cartilage between the ear and cheek).
- While taking a deep breath, press the cartilage and exhale. During this time you will listen the humming sound of a bee.
- While making a humming sound, your face should be closed . Do not press the ear cartilage too hard.
- You should keep the sound high that comes out during Pranayama.
- Repeat this process 3 to 4 times.
Benefits of Bhramari pranayama
- Bhramari pranayama can be beneficial for migraine patients.
- Bhramari Pranayama alleviates anxiety, anger, excitement and frustration or depression.
- This pranayama is very good for hypertension or high blood pressure patients. Blood pressure remains normal.
- If you are feeling hot or have a headache then doing Bhramari pranayama is beneficial.
- Performing this pranayama increases confidence.
- Bhramari pranayama keeps your mind calm.
- While doing pranayama, be relax completely, do not put pressure on your face.
- Do not do pranayama more than 3-4 times.
- You can seek the advice of a yoga expert before doing pranayama.
Read this also : Meditation Doing At Home Should Take Special Care Of These 5 Things.