Why do women have more problem of UTI? Know its reasons and important things.
UTI i.e. urinary tract infections are the most common infection, which threatens women more than men. Urinary tract is a tube or passage from which urine comes out. All kinds of liquid dirt present in the body are taken out by urine. This is the reason that this urinary tract ie urinary tract is always full of bacteria. But the problem of UTI is not from the bacteria that get out of the body. Rather, UTI occurs when a dangerous bacteria reaches the urinary tract via the vaginal tract. Let us tell you why women are more at risk of UTI than men.
Why do women get more UTI? (UTI in Women)
UTIs also occur to men, but very few. While UTI is so common among women that every woman is a victim of UTI more than 1 time in her life. This is due to the physical structure of women and men. The urethra of women is very close to their anus, allowing bacteria to reach the urinary tract easily. The urethra of women is also shorter than that of men, making it easier for bacteria to reach the bladder. Also, hormonal changes during periods in women also increase the risk of infection.
Pregnancy also increases the risk of UTI
Pregnancy also increases the risk of UTI. The uterus lies just above the bladder, according to the American Pregnancy Association. Therefore, as the uterus grows during pregnancy, its increased weight falls on the bladder and there is difficulty in passing urine. This can lead to infection and women become victims of UTI.
Symptoms of UTI
- Frequent urination
- Strange smell of urine
- Pain or mild pain in the pelvic area (around the tree)
- Fever and chills
- Burning during urination
- Frequent urination, but very little urine release
- Urination of red, pink or brown color or some white color (like cloud) in urine
A urine test is usually performed to detect a UTI. But the special thing of this investigation is that it does not take the initial drops of urine, but is taken as a middle edge sample. In this sample, it is found out which bacteria has caused UTI problem. After examining it, doctors give you antibiotics to fight the bacteria.
How to avoid UTI
- Natural methods can be taken to get relief from the symptoms of UTI.
- Products made from cranberry juice or cranberry are considered beneficial in UTI.
- Apart from this, an easy way to avoid this infection is to take special care of your private organs.
- Clean it thoroughly while bathing daily.
- Unprotected sexual contact is also a major cause of UTI outbreaks in women. Therefore, take special care of cleanliness even during such contact.
- Women who drink less water are at higher risk of UTI. Therefore, drink at least 3 liters of water daily.